Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday reflections.

Sunday morning once again. Lindsay's out working her second job and making a rough go at it. I'm struggling, too, but for a different reason. I'm a few more days "clean" and feeling just sort of strange, but better. Feel like I'm breathing better...but I could be tricky myself into believing that hogwash. Yesterday was most definitely a struggle with the feeling of being lightheaded. Today's more of a struggle with trying to occupy myself...hence, here I am. Just wanting "one smoke" seems more enticing as the day goes on.

Ugh...a nice small break is now over...well, in about 18 hours or so. It was a good one...had some time to myself (and the dogs), although it was tough having Lindsay gone for a couple of days. You really realize how much you miss someone being around when you're gone and have become a hermit of sorts. Trips to Starbucks with dog in tow aren't really "adventures out into the real world."

Anyway, the holiday stretch begins. What...3 1/2 weeks until break? That'll be a nice thing. Not sure if we're making the "big haul" north or south this year, but hopefully we'll get some mad lounging in...whatever we do. Of course, in the meantime we can be frantic and worried about the "joys" of shopping for others with a tight budget. Isn't there a way we could convince all our family and friends to revert to the "real" meaning of Christmas?

No comments: